12/31/2010

Finally!

Well, I have finally given in. I have never been much of a computer person, and am not one for sitting and trying to figure out how to create a blog, etc.  I have to say that I really enjoy keeping up with some of my friends through their blogs, so I decided that is they way I will keep up with what is going on in my life as well.


Travis and I will be welcoming our first child, a baby boy, in about six weeks. He is really the reason for me making this blog. I want to be able to document all of the joys he is going to bring to our lives!

This first post will be a recap of the excitement we have been experiencing over the last few months. I'll do my best to make a long story short!! Here we go...

We're going to have a baby!!

We found out that I was pregnant on Wednesday, June 2, 2010. Travis got up very early and took Zeus, our chocolate lab and first born child, to Pet Smart to get a bath. I had a feeling that something was different, so while he was gone, I got up and took a pregnancy test. To my surprise, the test was positive! I couldn't believe it! We were definitely wanting to have a baby, but did not think that we would be so lucky that it would happen so quickly. I couldn't wait to tell Travis! When he got home, about 20 minutes later, I told him that I had something to show him. He had no idea what I was up to. I led him to the bathroom and showed him the test. The look on his face was priceless! I know we were both  feeling so many emotions all at once. We were surpised, ecstatic, scared, anxious, etc!


I called the doctor and scheduled our first appointment. We went to the doctor and it was confirmed! We got to hear our baby's heartbeat, and it was the sweetest sound we had ever heard.

It's a BOY!!!

On September 7th, the day before my 28th birthday, we found out that we were going to have a baby boy! What a great birthday gift! All looked well with our little bundle of joy, and we could now start shopping!!

We decided that we would name our little boy Sutton Dean Young. Sutton is a name that we both really liked, and Dean is my dad's middle name.


Sutton's first real photo!

Here are a couple of 4D pictures of our baby boy! We got these pictures taken on November 16th, 2010. We think he is the perfect combination of Travis and me!

We thought this first picture looked like he was laying his head on a hand, so we decided that it has to be God's hand. We know that God has been watching over our little miracle from the very beginning. This was His way of making sure that we knew that.

We haven't been able to see Sutton in a while, so his Aunt Amber offered to sneak me in to her ultrasound room and see if we could catch a quick glimpse of him. He is getting bigger and bigger so it was a little more difficult to get a good look at him, but we were able to determine that he seems to be doing great!! Thanks Aunt Amber!!



No comments:

Post a Comment