Sutton has recently discovered that he likes to play with his tongue! It is so cute!
We had quite an eventful weekend! Friday night was my mom's retirement party at Coney Island. My mom has been teaching at Lee Middle School for 34 years! She has made great friends and great memories, and she has touched the lives of so many of her students and co workers. Her party was such a testament of the success. There was a great turn-out and many great stories were told about my mom in her 34 years. She is definitely a legend at Lee.
We got up early Saturday morning and headed to Lubbock to visit Uncle Joseph and Aunt Tandi. Tandi was so kind and scheduled us a MUCH needed massage for Saturday afternoon. It was wonderful! Sutton, Travis and Joseph had some "guy time" while we got our massages. Saturday evening we went to the Texas Tech baseball game. Sutton was dressed in one of his many Texas Tech shirts, and Aunt Tandi bought him a new hat to protect him from the sun. He looked so cute, and he was so good while we were at the game! I think he really enjoyed it, just like his daddy!
This was on our way to Lubbock. Sutton loves to put these two fingers in his mouth and talk up a storm!
Our beautiful family enjoying the baseball game.
Precious boy in his new hat...
I don't think I could capture this again if I tried!
Sunday morning in his new outfit from Uncle Joseph and Aunt Tandi. Is he stylin' or what?!
Sutton is getting so big that formula just isn't doing the job anymore. We started him on cereal about 2 weeks shy of his four month birthday. The doctor recommended that we wait until his four month check-up, but we just couldn't stand seeing him fuss so much because he was hungry ALL the time! He LOVES cereal! He puts his enitire mouth around the nipple and sucks it down!
Passed out with a full tummy after his first round of cereal...
"Look at my new paci!"
Sutton got a new paci today! It has a little doggie attached to it. He can hold onto the doggie, and it helps him keep the paci in his mouth. The only problem is that Big Brother Zeus wants one too! After Sutton was finished with it for a while, we went to take a bath. While we were in the bath, Zeus snuck into the living room and got the paci! He snuck into the bedroom and tried to play it off like he didn't have something he shouldn't. I guess we will have to get a doggie paci for Zeus, too!
My first Mother's Day (5/8/2011) was wonderful! I could not have asked for a more special day to spend with my boys. Travis got up and made burritos for breakfast, and they were sooo good! Sutton and Travis had some gifts set out for me. They gave me a BEAUTIFUL ring with black diamonds and white diamonds. I also got a Willow Angel of a mommy and little boy. Daddy helped Sutton write is name underneath...so sweet. I got a picture frame to put a sweet picture of our family in, and the "Mom" charm for my Pandora bracelet.
I am so blessed to have my husband and my little boy. They are the reason that I get up everyday. Becoming a wife, and now a mother, are the best things that have ever happened to me.
Such a happy little boy...
Sutton and his big brother, Zeus. They are never too far apart!
Mommy's handsome boys...
My little man...
We can't belive it! Our little boy is already three months old! Time has really flown! Here are some things that you are doing these days, Sutton...
- You are smiling ALL the time! You are such a happy baby boy!
- You have become fascinated with your hands. You hold them out in front of you so you can just stare at them.
- You also like to hold your thumbs like you've "got your nose". It is so cute!
- You love to talk to us and tell us everything that is on your mind. When we get hom from work, you are so excited to tell us all about your day! You squeal and gurrgle and stick out your tongue!
- You have really started to drowl a lot lately. We think you might be starting to teethe. You love to put your hands in your mouth! I think you are wishing you could fit your whole hand in your mouth!
- You are still taking your baths with Mommy or Daddy most of the time. That is your favorite way to bathe. Sometimes you take a bath in your rainforest bathtub and you do well in there too.
- You are still sleeping in your bassinet by Mommy and Daddy's bed because Mommy is not ready to move you to your crib yet. She is going to do that when school is out for the summer.
- You just started sleeping through the night about 2 weeks ago. I think you are finally on a schedule! You sleep from about 9:45pm to around 5:30 or 6am. Mommy and Daddy are very excited to be getting a full night's rest again...most nights anyway. =)
- You have noticed your big brother, Zeus, a lot these days. You like to watch him when he runs around in the living room. He loves to give you kisses. Everytime you come home, he is so excited to see you, and when you cry he comes running to your rescue!
- You now recognize people. You know when you are with your Grandma Kathy, Grandma KK or Papa J. You like to smile at them and talk to them, too! Papa J takes you out to the Boys' Ranch everyday tostay with your Grandma Kathy while Mommy and Daddy are at work. You love staying out there. Grandma Kathy takes you on walk in your stroller and takes you to go visit Papa J sometimes, too! Grandma KK takes one day a week off of work and stays home to play with you. You even get to spend the night with her sometimes, too!